The national #Ignite2012 civic engagement tour continues and will be in Philadelphia on Saturday, October 6th. Philly is a city that is reported to have a staggering 43 percent of registered voters without valid identification under Pennsylvania’s new Voter ID law. And just when we thought some politicians had succeeded in their efforts to disenfranchise youth, people of color and senators… Breaking News Hits PA on Tuesday!
With only one month left until Election Day, the #IgnitePhilly tour partners with Philadelphia Youth Commission to educate young people about voter suppression, to address local gun violence and to promote conflict resolution through civic engagement.
Tune into YoungVoterLive.com tomorrow to hear from of the nation’s brightest activists:
- Rocsi Diaz, Co-host of BET’s 106 & Park
- Chuck Creekmur, Founder of AllHipHop.com
- Dream Hampton, Jay-Z biographer, hip-hop journalist
- Kim Osorio, Editor-in-Chief of Source Magazine
- Jasiri X, Co-Founder of One Hood Media, Pittsburgh hip-hop artist and activist
- Biko Baker, Executive Director of the League of Young Voters
- Andreas Hale, Founder of The Well Versed
- Malik Rhasaan, Founder of #OccupytheHood
- Paradise Gray, Co-founder of One Hood Media, Pittsburgh activist
- Muhibb Dyer, spoken word artist
- Tarik Ross, Stampede Management